Σάββατο 25 Δεκεμβρίου 2021

SUFFOCATION - Souls To Deny

 


SUFFOCATION - Souls To Deny


Relapse Records


Homepage


Solid guitar and sound on this one!  What a difference than on the earlier stuff.  This seems a bit more polished.  Still good though, not as heavy as their earlier work but still good!  The drums hit home on here and the riffs are dynamic!  I enjoyed this album a lot.  They really did a good job on here as a follow-up.  I liked this whole album, I thought that it was really a steal in terms of the songwriting.  The guitars are my favorite on this.  And the vocals are a close second!  But overall, this album has a lot of meat to it!  The recording is not as good as all, but that's alright because the music makes up for it!


This album is not super long which I had hoped, but it's still great platter of a recording.  I think that they have a lot to offer here when death metal has been a bit stagnant in the year it was recorded (2004).  I think they're up-to-par on here and the recording/mixing was a little flat sounding but the music takes over and that's the end of it all.  Total annihilation.  These guys are way up there on the list of bands who stayed consistent over the years and didn't change their style of music.  That's why it's so cool to go through their succession from album to album and see what's change vs. what's stayed the same.


A lot of tremolo picking and down-picking riffs.  It makes it brutal an somewhat fast.  Their not lacking whatsoever in the songwriting capabilities.  Pretty solid as ever!  I like the vocals too, they're not as brutal as in the past but still they're good alongside the music.  I enjoyed this album immensely.  It's one you wouldn't think would measure up to the standards of the past records.  But it does!  Really good release and despite the sort of echo that the drums emit because of the mixing, everything else is fine.  It's that snare drum that's a bit overpowering in ruse.  However, everything makes up for the deficiencies.


I didn't download this album though I bet you could on Spotify I ended up buying the actual album.  So yeah, it was definitely worth it.  You won't get the same effect as their first two releases but it's a great modern or more modern Suffocation album.  It's I think one of their better more modern releases even though it's itching away as being 20 years old.  Still superb recording and I wish it didn't end at 8 tracks.  You'll enjoy this release if you give it a chance.  No expectations.  Just remember, they're more mature on here and deserve praise to staying true to their roots.  Own it!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: