Τετάρτη 1 Δεκεμβρίου 2021

DEVOTION - The Harrowing

 


DEVOTION - The Harrowing


Memento Mori


Facebook


What a HEAVY release!  I think their previous was a bit better, but this one packs a punch and I was impressed with their perseverance regarding their songwriting.  The music is brutal and so are the vocals.  Sound quality is quite good, but I thought 'Necrophiliac Cults' was a little more impressive.  This still has some great moments.  The riff-writing was good, but the tone of the guitars were on distortion but a little more dark.  The quality of the music is better than their previous but the guitars I thought their previous was better.  Nevertheless, the overall output here was admirable.


Talking about the guitar, because the acoustics (sound) were a little muddled I couldn't hear the riffs as well as on their previous.  In some instances it just was noise. Especially when the leads were going.  But otherwise, no other complaints really. The vocals make the music sound even darker than on any of theirs.  I like the fact that they wanted a more brutal sound but their riff-writing could've been better sounding. Anyway, it's good as it is despite my differences regarding the guitar riff-writing. I suppose you can say that it's an album that you've got to be in an acquired zone when hearing.  That's the best way I can describe it.


The production quality was a step-up from their previous.  I think that the music was well mixed and solid in that respect.  Everything you can hear pretty well (guitar, bass, drums, vocals, and so on) so in that respect it's solid.  I like how the vocals follows the guitars in some songs.  There weren't many that followed that path but the guitars were HEAVY duty!  I think that they needed to spend more time with the riffs and lay them out in the right times alongside the rest of the instruments.  If they would've, I would've scored this higher than an 80%.  Anyway, a good release at that and some good music (in streaks).


I'd check this out on YouTube I don't believe it's on Spotify.  I ordered the physical copy on eBay.  It was worth it even though I have beef with the recording.  I'd say support this band because they have a helluv a lot of potential.  These past two releases show great promise in the death metal arena.  I'd say get their previous and this current one because both of them are good.  They really do well with making death metal.  I know I said a lot that was wrong with this album I guess it's because their previous I thought was more solid.  But either way, both are good.  Check this one out!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi 


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: