Κυριακή 27 Ιουνίου 2021

Entombed - Left Hand Path

 


Entombed - Left Hand Path


Earache Records


Facebook


Definitely the first two releases from this band are (to me) their absolute best.  I thought that the follow-up album is better but both 100% ratings.  These guys were the founders of Swedish death metal as you know it.  Various different bands over the years copied this sound on the guitar, but never as good as the originators.  LG (RIP) rips it up on vocals.  Unique style and intensity is what he dished out on this debut.  And what a debut it was!  They definitely shattered windows with this release because so many fans decided that it was louder than life to blare it!  At least when I had it on cassette I was blaring it on my walkman!


There's so many pivotal components to this release than just the unique guitars. LG's vocals, the sound quality of this release, the sort of echo to the sound i.e. reverb and mixing that did them justice.  Al from Earache might've had some influence over this sound quality if he was around at the time (1990) with Earache.  He described LG is being "way into metal" and "dedicated to the genre and his fans."  He would basically drink beer and play metal, a kind of lifestyle that lead him to his fate at 49.  But he definitely was a true brother to the genre and music in general.  That guy was a metal patriot if you will.


My favorite part of this though are the guitars.  They were original sounding, unique tone, intense riffs, and in a league of their own with the songwriting capabilities.  When I first heard it early in the 90's I thought that this band had it going on!  I was impressed and wanted to hear more about them.  They sure as hell were the foundation to death metal, though Chuck Schuldiner seemed to be the father of death metal.  That was way early on in the genre but Entombed were the founders of their Swedish form of death metal.  There are really not many original members remaining and with LG's passing, who knows where they're headed.


I would like to commend the band for their ultimately outstanding debut release that I don't think could ever be duplicated.  Like I said, the first two albums are my favorites from the band.  There's nothing that could surpass them.  Dismember is another Swedish band that held their own back in the day, though I favor Entombed over them.  However, Dismember had a longer history it seems but both bands are in the realm of a milestone.  There will never be a band like Entombed ever again I don't think history will repeat itself.  They sure as hell kicked ass while they did and long live Entombed!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: