Σάββατο 26 Δεκεμβρίου 2020

VEKTOR - Black Future

 


VEKTOR - Black Future


Heavy Artillery Records


Facebook


This album is incredible. The amount of work it took to put it together, riffs and all was probably a while! David DiSanto is probably one of the top progressive thrash metal guitarists known. His work is quite technical! The rhythms and leads are outstanding. I'm glad the band reformed, though with some different musicians. That is fine as long as they can keep up with this guy. Vektor is a band with an acquired taste to them, they're not for everybody. Even though they're not for everybody doesn't mean that metalheads should disrespect their work. This album quite resoundingly is just an ass-kicker. So fast in many parts, yet there are parts where tempos slow down.


I liked all the songs on here and felt that every single one of them was put heart and soul into. The main things I like about it ARE the tempo changes and vocals. David's high-end screams shriek but most of the time they're tolerable. The abilities here with the songwriting capabilities are just astounding. I don't care what anyone says, Vektor is in a league of their own. Far surpasses a lot of bands nowadays. These guys are truly respectable individuals in terms of music, maybe not morals. But that's not what concerns me here. All I care about is the band's music, not lifestyle habits or way of life. As long as they can hack it here, that is what matters.


I've been able to find this album in a local record store actually, it only took 10 years to show up at a record store. I thought being Vektor it's gotta be good. And as I came to believe that it was a good choice! The songs on here are somewhat long, some the tracks are over 10 minutes in length. But they never get boring. They're more interesting the more you listen to them. Being a former guitarist, I notice things about the riffs and that the tremolo picking is superior, the leads spellbinding! These guys are far above being amateurs. They're way more advanced, the music just slays. I wouldn't say any song on here is "dull." Quite the contrary.


Since I bought the physical CD, doesn't mean that it is required. As long as you get to hear this is what matters. But showing that you support the band in any way, that is what counts. These guys I hope will stick around for a long while. It's been 10+ years so far (with gaps), so I hope they will endure a long career. I always say to support the band by buying their album, but now people mostly revert to digitally downloading albums. Some of my friends don't even have a CD player! But stay old school and buy the CD if you still have a device that plays it! Vektor is sticking around, and what a debut 'Black Future' is and what they all have become!



Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: