Σάββατο 26 Νοεμβρίου 2022

REVIEW: SHED THE SKIN - The Forbidden Arts

 


SHED THE SKIN - The Forbidden Arts


Hells Headbangers


Facebook


Definitely dark and brutal death metal this is my first venturing to immerse myself into Shed The Skin and their vibe.  The music and vocals are very dismal and desolate.  I thought that they deserve a "B" rating since the rhythms and vocals do well on here, reminds me a little of later Deicide recordings.  In that respect, they sound good.  It's one of those albums that you don't want to turn off especially if you're in a chronic death metal type of mood!  It's been going in streaks as to when I'm listening to this whole release,  I'd have to say it's not very fast tempos it's mainly mild tempos and just balls out HEAVY.


I like the originality in the songwriting and the riffs are good the whole way though.  Every song has its own unique structure and the music doesn't really repeat itself.  The consistency of fresh licks shine on this one!  They are like I said: HEAVY!  I told mind that especially since they've yes have got their influences but they've created some pretty unique and powerful compositions.  It's something that's lacking in originality within the vein of death metal wholeheartedly.  Things are just repetitive in the vein of death metal nowadays.  Recycled riffs I mean and sounds.  On here, there's just is this unique vibe!


The sound quality was superb.  These guys just tear it up, they are more in key with slower tempos, but they do all sorts really.  Mostly slower or medium-paced outputs.  The quality again suffice to say here did the album justice.  They put some good music here.  A bit of melodic songs too.  So in essence, they've been consistent but they do have their ways into choruses and main riffs that are thick and the vocals go right alongside the music rather well!  They didn't lag in any aspect.  Wish they had a higher rating in the other review.  Obviously didn't think high enough of this recording to give it a 77%.


I'm glad for Spotify getting this streaming and I later bought the CD.  I'm totally satisfied with it otherwise I'd care less about this album.  It struck me the more I listened to this and heard the value of it.  I like the fact that they were straightforward in this LP they tackled many aspects of death metal in this whole composition.  It has varying spurts energy-wise.  It's charged with slow, medium, and fast riffing.  I did definitely liked the sound quality as well.  It was good mixing and am awesome recording.  I encourage fans of death metal or melodic death metal to check out 'The Forbidden Arts'!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: