Δευτέρα 14 Φεβρουαρίου 2022

MEGADETH - Countdown To Extinction

 


MEGADETH - Countdown To Extinction


Capitol Recordings


Homepage


One of my favorite Megadeth releases so far.  I like it even more than 'Rust In Peace'.  It just has this heavy/thrash metal type of style to it with way catchy riffs and ultra-Dave vocals.  It seems that this is a more mature Megadeth than 'Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?' and 'Rust In Peace'.  The music is just better on here the songs catchier and the lyrical concepts are dealing with all sorts of things like mental illness ("Sweating Bullets") and politics/self awareness ("Foreclosure of a Dream"), etc.  Dave is at the height of his maturity here between the songwriting, the strong lineup with Marty Friedman and Nick Menza RIP (we'll leave out Ellefson). 


I'd have to say that this is more heavy metal than thrash just a mix and the leads are definitely at the pinnacle of their career in music/influential metal.  "Skin 'O My Teeth" probably my favorite track on the record.  And I'd have to say that Megadeth I have way much more respect than I ever used to since I know a little more about Dave coming from Dave in an interview.  The fact though that he got kicked out of Metallica actually to form Megadeth to prove that he was going to be successful despite that.  I think for a long while he felt inferior/a failure from that happening to him.  Maybe it was better that he started his own band to be the frontman and show the world he wasn't going to go away quietly.


Better production than their previous.  And less sloppy guitar playing, very good riffs, too!  He put together one helluv a mixture of music that's strong the whole way through.  With Marty, I think the band was able to diversify in the sense that Dave had him to work with on riffs probably the best lineup.  It's sad about Nick because I think he was great with Megadeth I couldn't possibly see him die so young!  Ellefson had the longest time with the band but as of recently did some of the unspeakable with the band so he's been fired by Dave and it's just too bad.  I had the utmost respect for him too!


I had to hear the Spotify streaming of this album first since I was a heavy Megadeth critic like I said as of recently and decided to buy the CD.  They don't really need my money but I just thought I'd support music as I collect CD's.  A family member said just stream it and I couldn't just do that I had to have my famous physical copy of the album.  I think the sound quality is better anyway on stereo but not everyone thinks like me.  To the countless Megadeth fans all over the world, just buy it because you're going to have (IMO) a better opinion of the release then what you'll get digitally.  She Dave the support and almost 30 years since this has been released!  Get it!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: