Τετάρτη 1 Σεπτεμβρίου 2021

MALEVOLENT CREATION - Retribution

 


MALEVOLENT CREATION - Retribution


Roadrunner Records


Facebook


Probably the most notorious, played out (but never tired of), most talked about Malevolent Creation album ever made.  This might read "100%" in rating but I think it can go even higher!  The vocals and music are like none other.  These guys made a record that no fan is in disagreement on.  If they are, they're wrong.  I've never heard music like this possible, but they made it possible.  Or impossible.  Wow, it gives me the chills every time I listen to it!  There's no riff that is overplayed, no vocals ill-fated, it's a masterpiece of an album.  I cannot get enough of it, even until this day.  Being that it was released in '92 and still reigns "CHAMPION" in no speculation into anything else of it.


Being a life-long Malevolent Creation fan and even though they've made some great ones like the first and this, but not all of them measure up.  And Bret dying at 51 made them a little lesser-than.  But Lee carries them in '13th Beast', it's just that they've had a rocky road even with Bret in the band.  But not on 'Retribution'.  They just have blast beats galore, choruses that are in high-esteem, riffs that are only made from a god and quality recording which are thanks for that.  The music and vocals again are notorious on here.  Everything shows their influence but they make it to their own.  And nothing to regret here.  Maybe that they haven't had enough people to review 'Retribution'.


Achievement in the death metal arena only comes around every so often. In '92 it was them, aside from Deicide's 'Legion', but Malevolent Creation came up with a record that stood out in the genre that year.  They too were a young band then and there were all original members.  There's only one left, too.  Bret had screams that were deafening and here's where you hear it, and good.  His vocals complimented the music.  They not only destroyed your eardrums, they did on the whole record.  I'm happy to say I have a physical copy of this album.  I wouldn't want that to be any other way.  Were there any flaws here?  I didn't find any and I've listened to this album multiple times!


You'll never hear a riff like these played out, vocals ever taken so much precedence over this, and sound quality only with precision.  The only thing that wasn't good enough (if that), was the duration of the album.  So then, you have to play it again!  It'll never go stale with this one.  I've never heard anything like this for the band.  They kill it all especially your eardrums.  They reached glory here and glory it will always be.  Bret got me into this album, and the guitars during my guitar days were no compositions like these.  I would have to say I'm glad to have lived when they were on top of their game.  And this one will be the true CHAMPION always.  Own it!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: