Δευτέρα 8 Μαρτίου 2021

DEEDS OF FLESH - Portals To Canaan

 


DEEDS OF FLESH - Portals To Canaan


Unique Leader Records


Homepage


What a great album, last one with Erik in the band (RIP).  I have only good things to say about this release.  It's dynamic, exploratory, eerie, brutal, technical and experimental.  I enjoyed the whole thing all the way through.  I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to Deeds of Flesh, I have a few albums but didn't come to liking them until way later on.  I was too much into newer bands like Archspire, et al.  But I'm glad that I did buy this CD.  However, their status changed upon this writing.  They are a band again though the new album is due out in December.  I'm really glad about that and I'm really curious as to what the new one is going to sound like.


The riffs on here are sick, thick and crushing.  They really know how to put an album together well and the production sound is precise.  Vocals went well along with the music.  I enjoyed this album immensely.  They totally kicked ass here.  The technicality sure as heck shows here and they do a good job of changing things up, too.  That's what's great about this band is that they have utmost diversity in songwriting.  I thought the vocals and music were the highlights here.  The overall sound was quite intriguing.  There is some darn strange stuff that they put into this one as well.  But overall, for a technical/death metal album it hits home.


I thought that the production is fantastic.  They did great here.  And the vocals are pretty deep throat.  The whole way through it's pretty much like this.  But because of the guitars being so thick the hoarse vocals go alongside the music way well.  There's some songs that are slower and others pretty fast paced.  That's what shows you the diversity in the music.  It's never knowing what to expect.  And original, for sure.  I thought that they sure as heck did a good job from every aspect here.  They didn't miss out on anything on here.  It's strictly in your face blood soaked darkness.  I really liked it.


This album is on YouTube and Spotify so you don't have to buy the CD though it's always good if you're a collector.  It's also a good way to say that you dig the band and what they have to offer the music community.  I thought this is one of the better Deeds of Flesh albums that I've heard to date.  It's explosive and brutal.  The sound overall really is sick.  And the music is a pure abomination!  They were outstanding here.  Every track on here I liked.  Show some support for the band and purchase the physical copy of this, you will not regret it!  They really made a great release here!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: