Σάββατο 27 Μαρτίου 2021

DEEDS OF FLESH - Crown of Souls

 


DEEDS OF FLESH - Crown of Souls


Unique Leader Records


Homepage


The only real beef I have with this album is the production quality.  The rest of it is quality death metal.  The vocals are quite guttural which goes well with the heavy guitar.  I'd have to say that this band blends two styles into one (death/technical metal).  They do a good job of writing quality riffs and the musicianship are appalling.  Another good one to chalk up to their discography.  Really good music and the fact that it's brutal AF is another reason to like this release.  The drums are ecstatic blasting and kicking away.  They go really well alongside the guitars.  Everything seems to be laid out well.


It's 42 minutes of brutality.  And cool riffs.  It's tragic that Erik passed away in 2018.  It's definitely good that they're back together for the time being that is.  They have a lot of life left in them even though he's gone.  I'm curious of what is coming up with the release at the end of the year.  They started out good and their latest album 'Portals In Canaan' is a great release.  Maybe a little more likable than this one.  But here is just chronic HEAVY guitar work that's just technical AF too.  They don't change it up really it's pretty destructive the whole way through the album.  I liked all the songs however.


Again the production quality wasn't the greatest that's why I took points off from the rating.  But the musicianship was outstanding.  They came up with some original and monumental music on here.  Amazing, truly.  I think they're more technical than anything else.  A lot of bands they've influenced over the years.  I'm sure Archspire was one of them.  The riffs are just downright original and utterly amazing!  This was sitting on the shelf far too long than to get it reviewed.  But yeah, Erik was the fuel of the band.  He was the innovator, truly.  There will never be a Deeds of Flesh release without it that's going to be the same.


I would give a listen to this one on YouTube or Spotify.  See what you think of it.  It's brutal the whole way through.  And original.  I collect CD's that's why I say to get the CD.  But most people nowadays have gone digital.  However, I'd say get a copy to support the band.  But you don't have to, you can just hear it online.  I like it either way but it really gives credit to the band if you purchase the album.  I like the sound better on a boombox but I'm atypical in that respect.  Some people hear it differently.  But yeah, this one is a great release the whole way through.  It's not dull in any way.  Get it!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: