Δευτέρα 7 Ιανουαρίου 2019

FONDLECORPSE - Creaturegore Review



FONDLECORPSE - Creaturegore

Razorback Recordings


I've heard of this band for a while, but never really checked them out. That is, until pretty recently. I wasn't able to get their newest release, so I settled for this one. And man, what a killer death metal band! They had a lot of people (musicians) filling in on here, but the main core of the band was still on here. The release was heavy, but not overly brutal. Quality death metal from the Netherlands. They do a good job with their songwriting techniques. I really applaud 'Creaturegore' and think the band has a long future. They've just had to keep on being consistent with not too many gaps between releases.

It's in your face death metal with some odd changes in guitar riffs/melodies. Most of the time it's HEAVY, but they fluctuate in their sound. The leads on here are somewhat strange. A lot of whammy bar use, I'd prefer to say that they're due to the lack of original members conducting the compositions. Nevertheless, these guys played well on here with all of the wacky intro and some of the strange woman's crying in ecstasy. The music and vocals are the best parts to this release. I didn't much care for the leads. I just thought that they were mainly generic in construction. But the rhythms on here are quite good.

That's what keeps me interested in this one, the music/guitar. Somewhat of a strange overall good death metal metal release. I felt that the vibe was good, just quirky. They seem to thrive in weird type of death metal, though the rhythms still are solid. They simply tear it up in the rhythm guitar session. But the weirdness continues throughout the release. I guess that's what that makes FONDLECORPSE, FONDLECORPSE. I dig the band wholeheartedly, despite the strange sounds on this release. When the rhythm guitars go, they really go. But when they turn into odd riffs/sounds, that's where I kind of have a beef with.

Download this on Spotify see if you like it. I bought the CD. That's how much I liked it. I think that the positive parts of the release overshadow the weird segments. If you want death metal that's sort of off the wall, “Creaturegore” is where it's at. But if you want some that's good all the way through in a death metal category, I'm not sure if it's THAT likable. Worth taking a listen to hearing those awesome rhythm guitars in a production that's pretty good, though not the greatest. And don't expect the leads to be astonishing either. They simply are OK, just not magnificent. Check it out on Spotify first see if you'll like it. Then buy the CD. It's great to hear atypical death metal!


Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: