Τετάρτη 13 Μαΐου 2015

LETHAL SAINT – WWIII review



 LETHAL SAINT – WWIII
Pure Steel Records
Cyprus might not have a huge metal scene, but believe me lately it gave us some very nice releases. It seems that down there the guys love what they do and work very hard for it. LETHAL SAINT had released their debut album from the Cypriot record label Pitch Black Records. They had impressed me with their debut release and now I am happy to see that they have signed to the German label Pure Steel Records.
THE COVER: The cover is done by Dimitar Nikolov who has lately given us a lot of fantastic heavy metal covers and this one has a serious message to pass. It shows politicians, generals and religion leaders gathered around a table ready to push a button which writes WWIII. I think that the message is clear if we continue trusting these people then we won’t avoid destruction.
MUSICAL STYLE: The band in a few words moves somewhere between the traditional heavy metal, power metal and speed metal sound. They might be from Cyprus, but an expertise listener can easily understand that LETHAL SAINT are strongly influenced by the 80’s U.S. power/speed metal. The characteristic element of their sound is the use of powerful double bass and high pitched vocals.
COMPOSITIONS: The sophomore release of the Cypriot band includes 11 compositions and has over 43 minutes duration. As I have mentioned above their sound is U.S. metal oriented and I think that comparisons can be made to such bands like HELSTAR, ATTACKER and ICED EARTH. The album now is not bad, but yet I can’t say that any of the songs stuck into my mind or motivated me to listen to it again. It is a nice album to listen to but for me it doesn’t have the strong moments that will make me love it.
CONCLUSION: I am really happy to see bands from Greece and Cyprus move on and draw the attention of labels from abroad, because I believe that we have good bands and a strong metal scene. LETHAL SAINT is a talented band and I think they can do better than this release. This is an album that the only thing I can recommend is to check it out before you decide to purchase it.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: