Πέμπτη 23 Μαρτίου 2023

REVIEW: AUTOPSY - Morbidity Triumphant

 


AUTOPSY - Morbidity Triumphant


Peaceville Records


Facebook


What can I say but: AUTOPSY!  For having not been a fan throughout their career, I think this one warrants a "B" rating.  A semi-raw production sound like most of the others.  I suffice to say here that they have some fresh riffs, and the vocals are pretty brutal.  A lot of the riffs are slow which is vintage Autopsy like their previous releases.  The intensity is pretty up there and the lead guitar isn't bad at all.  It's not overly sloppy, it's actually pretty well thought out.  The guitars set the tone for the album and Chris behind the set/vocals seemed to be right on que.  For a not so keen Autopsy fan, I can say that I like what's going on here.


I guess it's the vibe on this that makes it listenable.  Just the intensity is there and the vocals are thundering.  It's amusing what's going on here.  Most of the tempos are slow and the overall length on this one is a little over 41 minutes.  It could've been longer but they did pretty well on here.  I know that this band has a good fan-base.  I suppose that I never got into the vibe.  But they show their self here and after all these years have made quite a good death metal album.  With tempos fluctuating, they cover all aspects of their style.  But they're still considered to be strictly a California based death metal band.


The production as I've stated is a bit raw but that's how they like it!  I'd have to say in certain aspects the vocals are over-the-top screaming.  I like how they fluctuate though.  It makes it so that they diversify.  I'm not sure what they're tuned to guitar wise probably the same as older albums.  It sounds that way though.  These guys are immortal!  I'm glad that they've reformed in 2009 and they got a fan back in me.  They're just different, not typical death metal.  They have their own sound and melodies.  I think that they're going to be making music for a lot longer now especially since they did well here.


Don't just stream this one, pick up the CD!  It's worth supporting the band!  That's what I did.  I was unsure as to whether or not I would like it.  Even other people I've said that I didn't like this.  But upon a few more listens the energy sparked and it was worth its weight in AUTOPSY!  Check this one out, I thought it is a bit better than 'Skull Grinder'.  The music is better and of course it isn't better than their debut.  It's probably better than most Autopsy albums I was just curious that's what ended up with me buying the album.  I'm going to have to stock up on more of their discography!  Take a listen to this one!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: