Δευτέρα 10 Δεκεμβρίου 2018

BELPHEGOR - Blood Magick Necromance Review



BELPHEGOR - Blood Magick Necromance

Nuclear Blast


This album is so grim and evil, it achieves its gold medal on that. Perfectly orchestrated, the absolute best BELPHEGOR I've ever heard. The music and the vocals are simply awesome. As is the production quality. This is not an album to listen to when you're melancholic. It's totally depressing and vile.  Just hear it when you want to listen to quality death/black metal. The tempos are slow, but the music is awesome. The vocals go with the voice very nicely.  What a gem of a release. It's simply an original and Satanic metal album that sucks you into the vibe. The bit on the synthesizers augments the albums goal entirely.

The slow riffs, yet innovative, is the best most highest part of the album. I'm not sure if you'd consider this as a "concept" album, but it definitely steals the listener to put you in a trance of best BELPHEGOR played death/black metal.  The guitars are quite thick yet slow, they're trying to get you into the aura of the release. It's so melancholic and slow, yet the music is quite original.  These guys knew what they were doing in the studio and the execution is admirable. There are only a few songs that contain blast beating drums; most of the release is slow and sad.  I'd say that they're slaughtering both genres here.

I stumbled across this release a while back. I heard their new album and I thought to myself "ehhh...do I want to hear more of their discography?" I ended up doing just that, hearing what they sounded like 7 years ago with this album I was highly impression. You know a band should never regress, they should always progress. A lot of bands lose their creativity in the songwriting.  But here is an album that's amazingly executed with music that's just simply ungodly. You want to hear it over and over because they change it up a bit with the guitar. They'll go from grim to something that's thrash-like.

Well, I downloaded this on Spotify then I bought the physical CD I liked it so much I wanted to write about it. Sure it isn't something you'll play in the darkest of nights unless you want to become severely depressed. It does seem to have that effect, for me it does, anyway. However you decide to get this release is up to you. But I'm telling you right off the bat, don't get this if you're prone to depression. Or you can't handle depressing death/black metal because it'll  pull you down. However, if you're in favor of these genres, get it.  If you like it a lot, then show the band support and purchase the physical copy of the CD. It's worth it, especially if you thought the record kicked serious ass.  For fans of death/black metal, own it, TODAY!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: