Παρασκευή 22 Δεκεμβρίου 2017

DEICIDE – In Torment In Hell Review


DEICIDE – In Torment In Hell

Roadrunner Records


DEICIDE doesn’t need an introduction really, they formed in Tampa, FL in 1989 under the name AMON with all the original band members, the Hoffman brothers, Glen Benton and Steve Asheim. 

Personally, it’s hit or miss with this band. I favor death metal, but each succeeding release seems to be getting worse and worse. With the newer band members too.

Follow-up from “Insineratehymn”, “In Torment, In Hell” is even more putrid than their predecessor. There’s nothing catchy about this album at all. The music is totally generic. The guitars are somewhat fast, but not noteworthy rhythms. And the leads flat out stunk. For a band that started out so great with the first two releases, what another major let-down. This one is 31 minutes of death metal misery. The drums are annoying and the music is awful. There’s just nothing good to say about this one. My view may change over time, or maybe not. I doubt it at least. If you own it, get rid of it.

The production sound was kind of flat, it was NOT mixed well at all. 

I would think DEICIDE would put out some good music here, but I’m totally wrong. They haven’t put out a good album in my opinion since 1997 via “Serpents of the Light.” Nothing noteworthy or positive to say about this one. The vocals suck, the music sucks, the production is flat and DEICIDE just reared its ugly head.

I would download this and see if you like it. My guess is, probably not!


Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: