Πέμπτη 5 Νοεμβρίου 2015

CRAFTYCELL – The Swimmer review



 CRAFTYCELL – The Swimmer
Qua Rock Records
This is a release I don’t feel very confident to present since I don’t have much knowledge about the dark wave/industrial sound, but I will try to do my best. CRAFTYCELL are from Italy and they were formed in 2012 with the intention of the band members to experiment with music and create a sound that can express their rebellious idea. “The Swimmer” is their debut album and let me tell you a few things about it…
THE COVER: It might look a bit simple and fuzzy, but I think that it creates emotions and impressions to the viewer and of course it manages to reflect the philosophy and the sound of the band; A band that experiments with sounds and for this reason “swims” in the vast sea of musical sounds. So, on the cover you can see a person swimming in a fuzzy sea or even in a cloudy sky. I think you have to make up your mind on it since the cover is open to many interpretations.
MUSICAL STYLE: The debut album of the band includes 10 compositions which move somewhere between the electro dark wave and industrial sound. The whole feeling that the album breathes out is a dark and melancholic atmosphere that you can find on an album of gothic oriented music. I think that their music which is melodic and yet dark reflects the dark things and thoughts that we people keep inside us. I think that it is a kind of introverted music and yet very expressive.
CONCLUSION: If you like to listen to music that is dark and melancholic and yet experimental, then CRAFTYCELL do a fine work here.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: