Κυριακή 9 Αυγούστου 2015

HEAVENS GATE – Best for Sale! review



 HEAVENS GATE – Best for Sale!
Limb Music
HEAVENS GATE has always been a favourite for me ever since I’ve listened to their 1991 hit album “Livin’ in Hysteria”. I really don’t know how many times I’ve played this album ever since I came across it. I just love it and I’m not a big power metal fan, but HEAVENS GATE have something you can’t ignore, something that magnetizes you. Their music is simply intoxicating. Their riffs stick to your mind and their choruses make you sing along endlessly! The heavy/power metal they deliver is tight, full of rhythm, excellently performed; it has some amazing guitar solos and is supported by one of the best vocalists according to my humble opinion. Thomas Rettke has a warm, powerful voice that can easily go up and down the climax and easily reach high pitches without ever overdoing it or showing off. What can I say? I’m not objective and when I saw that Limb Music was releasing a best of I grabbed the chance to present it so as to have the chance to listen to some of their best songs once again. This isn’t presentation time for me but rather party time! The compilation contains songs from the whole period of the band from 1989 and “In Control” till their last release in 1999 when they called it a day with “Menergy”. So, “Best for Sale!” is an amazing chance to have twenty killer tracks gathered together all of which are remastered. Enjoy!!!!
Christine  Parastatidou

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: