Κυριακή 29 Μαΐου 2022

NAPALM DEATH - Order of the Leech

 


NAPALM DEATH - Order of the Leech


FETO Records


Homepage


I think this is a solid release as well as line-up.  Except for the fact that they don't have Mick Harris anymore.  He seemed to be the driving force when it came to grindcore.  But Napalm changed into more of a death metal band than grind.  This is a solid release nevertheless.  It's got both elements to it: grind and death metal.  The energy is high up there and the riffs are mind boggling.  This is another newer generation of Napalm that I like.  A lot of their newer material is OK but I prefer the old.  This has a good sound to it and vibe.  I think old school Barney is the best but he's doing good on here as well.


The music is the highlight of this album and I did enjoy pretty much all the tracks.  Mitch's vocals are a little annoying though, but it brings back Mick to old Napalm.  I felt that the bulk of the songs had a good structure to them and the guitar tone was appropriate.  They were fortunate that Jesse (RIP) was still with the band at this point.  I always liked him with the band.  I think after Harmony Corruption the band experienced a fall in their energy (Mick).  They've just changed when he left and turned more towards death metal than grind.  Not that that's bad, but maybe change their name, I'm not sure.


The guitars sound like they're tuned pretty low hence their thick sound.  Really keeping it underground they are and Danny has some wicked drum tracks though it sounds like he's using triggers.  That's not bad just has to keep up with the rhythms!  I guess I just like the old school Napalm though I do think a lot of their newer stuff is palatable.  But yeah, they should've changed their name.  However, there are a lot of good moments to this album.  Nothing that sticks as well as the old but still, it is quality.  Barney isn't as low on the growls as he was on Harmony Corruption or Fear, Emptiness, Despair.


This album is almost 20 years old, but it's still on the good side of Napalm.  The main members were with the band on here (Barney, Jesse, Mitch and Shane).  I don't know what happened to the last track on this album but all the songs are pretty strong!  I decided to buy the CD after hearing this digitally.  Mind you, I still collect CD's.  It was worth getting, wholeheartedly!  The energy and fire is still there on this one it'll just never amount to Harmony Corruption.  That one was filled with death/grind glory!  Still, an excellent effort on this one.  They have shown the metal community fresh new riffs!  Check it!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: