Τρίτη 20 Ιουλίου 2021

CARNATION - Chapel of Abhorrence

 


CARNATION - Chapel of Abhorrence


Season of Mist


Homepage


Not that far-off from the voice resembling that of to which is Cannibal Corpse's frontman in the 5-piece Belgium based band, Carnation.  I've been listening to this quite a bit and the guitars undoubtedly sound like Sweden revisited in the death metal bound band here.  I've gotten the courage to take a shot at venting about this debut LP.  I've had to capture the whole essence of the album which I've held in high esteem.  That is, since day 1 that I got it a physical copy.  Not only because I collect CD's, but because I prefer supporting the band and the music industry as a whole.  I did not, however see the same greatness in their new release (2020).


If they could do this one again I'd greatly appreciate it!  The music and voice is what drew me in and I do like the fact that there are 5 members here because there's more devotion time-wise to the overall outcome.  I've found that not only is the music superb, but the rest of the effort by each and all members to be indigenous to this masterpiece debut.  The guitar riffs sunk deep in my brain and it seemed that everything put forward to here (music, vocals, bass, production & mixing) to be a wholeheartedly great effort to the band's musical entourage.  They grasp in what it takes to be given greatness by a musical protégé.


The tempos are all different but it's a straightforward sound that ultimately is their own showing the much talked about Swedish sound (which I covered) but the vocals sounding that to of Cannibal Corpse's frontman, Corpsegrinder.  But they have their own sort of twist here the musical aspect hits home with stunning work.  Stunning in the sense I mean originality of the guitar tracks even though they do show a lot of their influences are not Belgium based but Swedish based.  They really make their units toned with their pedal which makes that sound I've been discussing here thereof.


If Carnation sounds too much like the flower, you're mistaken. It's this Belgium based death metal act that's got their own sense in this genre.  Yes you can be a modern day listener that doesn't want to buy CD's anymore then fine!  You can check this out of YouTube or Spotify.  But to capture the supreme essence, get the physical copy and blare it out of your boombox!  These guys needed more of an introduction to better equip you to what a debut should and does sound like on here.  With musical influences that are diverse, Carnation racks it up with one helluv a punch that easily resonates.  Check it out!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: