Τρίτη 4 Οκτωβρίου 2022

REVIEW: IMMOLATION - Acts of God

 


IMMOLATION - Acts of God


Nuclear Blast


Facebook


Talk about some crushing death metal throughout, this band never falls short in being extreme!  This is probably one of my favorites of theirs.  Fresh riffs devastating the listener.  Just all the way BRUTAL!  There are tempo changes but mostly mid-fast to fast riffs the whole way through.  A little of a clean tone guitars, but not much.  The vocals keep the music underground and it goes well alongside the instruments.  I don't mind any of this album, it's death metal to the extreme through and through.  I wouldn't want anything changed either.  The music is what captivates me ABSOLUTELY to the n-th degree!


The guitar riffs aren't overtly technical, they just are unique.  And what a solid production quality!  I thing that's what made this release totally killer aside from the musicians amped it up entirely.  I think that's what they lacked somewhat in previous releases.  This one hits home all the way.  After I heard it on Spotify, I had to order the actual CD.  It's something that I can play over and over.  I'm not a huge Immolation fan but I like how this sounded.  The musicianship was phenomenal.  The whole way through this one is totally in your face with brutality and guitars that just hit home in every single aspect.


As I say, the production quality was good and they're on a solid label being it Nuclear Blast.  This one barely lets up in any aspect.  They're slower riffs but overall the speed and the technicality in the leads were phenomenal.  They definitely know how to construct sick rhythms and devastating leads.  The vocals exhibit no variety to them which is ok because they wanted to keep it underground.  I thought this all the way they know what they're doing!  I'd rather not know the lyrics on here as long as they continue to conduct music that is so extreme.  And everyone on here seemed to know what direction they needed to go.


This will probably remain the only Immolation that I own because it's in every aspect what I look forward to in a death metal album.  The guitars hit home and the vocals just annihilate.  Nothing needs to be changed on this album because everything is filled with precision, and precision with vigor!  Check out the digital release to see if it's something that would be suitable to your metal pallet.  From a skeptic regarding Immolation albums, this one is my favorite out of their entire discography!  If you want something that totally slays, 'Acts of God' is where its total at!  Take a listen!




Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: