Παρασκευή 11 Μαρτίου 2022

HATEMONGER - The Vile Maxim EP

 


HATEMONGER - The Vile Maxim EP


Independent


Facebook


Chicago based death metal band in the vein of Fleshcrawl, Entrails, Dismember, et al.  They have a Swedish guitar sound to them I'm not familiar with their equipment if they use a pedal for the tone or what.  In any case, the sound is superb, especially with a band that's still getting established.  Their 5 track EP is some hearty death metal with riffs that are pretty fast and intense!  I got to see them at a show this past July and concluded that they were one of the better bands on that roster.  The musicians here have some history in the metal world mainly Alletta their bass player.  Everyone came together with intents of making some sick music!


I think what did it for me were the guitars and the recording quality.  Though it seems that everyone did a good job at contributing to a great start with this EP.  It is intense it the core and despite the Swedish sound, the riffs are pretty original.  The leads were a little iffy but overall the musicianship was impeccable.  I wouldn't give this type of rating where I thought that it would be unworthy of merit.  I look forward to full-length albums in the future from them.  They are great live and on this recording.  I think that they have it in them to continue on this path of abominating guitar/musicianship.


The production quality I thought was great and I took it upon myself to buy a physical copy of the album for myself and to support the band.  They are more than quality musicians the death metal arena!  I enjoyed all 22+ minutes in this 5 song EP.  Not only is it quality, but I like the fact that the guitarwork is wholly original.  It's that twist of Swedish tone that did it for me as well.  Not sure what pedal is used for that, but in any event it took ahold of me and won me over.  It's anything but sloppy guitar-work.  Totally professional and original, this whole EP shows what good quality has become of Chicago based acts.  They are absolutely amazing.


Get in gear and don't just listen to their digital download of this, but buy the EP to support the band and extreme music!  These guys hopefully have a long career in the death metal realm showing absolute maturity and professionalism.  Upon seeing them perform live made me curious about what they'd be like on a recording.  This is no amateur session here, these are real and amazing musicians that put together some songs with impeccable maturity.  Not only is Hatemonger arising early on in the death metal arena, but all the members were apart of previous bands.  They've joined and shown what expectations they live up to in the death metal arena!  Check them out!




Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: