Τρίτη 13 Οκτωβρίου 2020

DIMMU BORGIR - Death Cult Armageddon

 


DIMMU BORGIR - Death Cult Armageddon


Nuclear Blast


Homepage


I think that this a highly underrated album. Of course, the synthesizers we can do without, but the rhythm guitars are killer! The music just slays and the aura to the album is pretty eerie and evil. Silenoz varies in his vocals to his own style then clean. He's got one of the most unique voices in black metal. I'd say this is an above par symphonic black metal release. Too many people dismissing this as garbage. I'd say the newer material isn't very good, but this one is unique in its own way. I enjoyed every moment of it. The sound variety was the greatest experience with it. Absolutely!


I don't really have anything against this release, just an overabundance of the synthesizers (as previously mentioned). The guitars are pretty killer. I like the riffs. They are heavy and melodic, too! Not to mention wholly original! Silenoz really makes his voice fit in with the music quite well! There isn't a song on here that I disliked! I liked them all! Some of the tempos fast some just mild. I'd say the variety spices up this release. It's not just continuous blast beating riffs/drums. It varies a lot. They just diversify. And the evil female voice just hits home on here. I would have to say this whole album is underrated.


The production quality is quite good. You can hear all of the riffs and synthesizers not to mention vocals, too! I think the vocals and guitars saved this release. The music is entirely their own, it's so different from what I'm used to hearing from this band. Wholly killer release! I liked the melodic guitars too! The riffs are all original and spellbinding! I am into this album all the way. Critics can say what they want, this is a solid release! They really dig deep in the sound here, the rhythms I like the most and the fact that there aren't much lead guitar activity is good. I liked this from beginning to end.


If you don't have this album, I'd venture to say check it out! It's really diverse and original! I liked the whole hour plus of music totally killer! I'm giving this an "A-" because it deserves it. It's one of their better releases I don't care what anyone says. It's not their best, no but it still is original and packs a punch! It's also not chronic blast beating guitar/drums. It's balanced. They toyed around with sound, here. I would say that this is one of my favorite releases from the band in that it's so diverse. I would urge you to buy the album because that's what I did. It really captures the listener! Own it!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: