Πέμπτη 12 Δεκεμβρίου 2019

SKELETHAL - Of The Depths...



SKELETHAL - Of The Depths...

Hells Headbangers Records


I cannot stop listening to this band/album! It reminds me a lot of early ENTOMBED, DISMEMBER and a later band FLESHCRAWL. Be that there are only two members in this act, they do a darn good job of supplying you of torturous, raw death metal. You'll most aptly be into them if you are into old Swedish/German death metal bands. They have devised resoundingly excellent riffs packed with solid lead guitar work. I'm not sure why they have so few reviews and the existing one on here rating in just a mere "C" rating. They deserve a much better number that reflects some original sounds/riffs. 

This CD was sitting in one of my piles that haven't been listened to in quite some time (if at all). I'm glad I was able to give them a fair shake after pulling the disc out of the pack. The production is sort of raw but you can still hear everything and not so raw that you get a swift turnoff for not giving the music justice. The music/vocals are my favorite parts to this album. The tempos aren't blazingly fast, but fast enough to put them in the death metal genre. I would NOT classify them as death/black metal as was shown when I first Googled the band after hearing the album. They certainly are just death metal.

What pounds in your head when you hear this is the guitar. I guess I'm biased though since I was a previous guitarist for many years. So that's what I notice mostly in bands are the guitar work. Not to mention everything else, just the guitar the most.  There aren't a great deal of leads, just some that do kick ass. I think the strongest parts are the guitar work. But the vocals are pretty cool too. The music is really catchy and they certainly have come from those old roots but they've weaved their sound into their own. A band to discover in your collection that totally kicks ass. I did get the digital release along with the CD.

Wrapping up, if you're looking for something to blow your hair back, 'Of the Depths...' is for you! There's a cool DISMEMBER cover on here that they threw in to reflect on maybe their idol(s) as well. Not sure if the lyrical content is to my liking but I don't really pay attention to them. Though the vocals are good. If you're looking for that sweet Swedish death metal sound, this album will be to your liking. I will continue to support this band and their music probably if they continue writing. This release is a little outdated (2017) so hope for new stuff in the works, if it isn't already. Show the band support by buying the physical copy!  They shred!

Ryan Death8699 Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: