Παρασκευή 5 Οκτωβρίου 2018

SKELETAL REMAINS - Devouring Mortality Review



SKELETAL REMAINS - Devouring Mortality

Dark Descent Records


Definitely some solid death metal in the vein of DEATH/PESTILENCE/OBITUARY et al.  I would have to say that some of the guitar riffs reflected that of DEATH's "Spiritual Healing."  Very similar vibe to it.  The vocals are the only part of the band that I think should be different, but they are what they are.  The music and production quality makes up for that aspect.  This one I thought is a better listen to than their previous album, though I thought both were pretty strong.

This is for sure a better produced album than the previous album "Condemned To Misery."  The vocals are the same but the production quality is top notch on this one.  The guitar riffs are catchy, not necessarily too fast but the leads are wicked.  I enjoyed that aspect of the guitars, too.  Not just the riffs, I felt the leads were very well conducted.  The music is solid death metal with tints of melodic parts in it as well.  They really do know how to make some quality music.

I didn't flip through the lyrics I just thought that the music is enough to report on.  The main rhythms are heavy alongside the melodic parts, as previously stated.  Very good and well orchestrated music altogether.  This one I was skeptical about but when I heard it for the first time I was blown away.  The production is what I noticed at first to be very strong.  And the music totally a joy to listen to for death metal lovers.

You can download this on Spotify, that's what I did the first time around hearing about this band.  But it was good enough for me to say "the hell with it, I'm buying a physical copy too!"  Be a supporter of extreme metal and purchase this one.  Show the band that you are interested and want them to stay around for a while, that and record stores, too!  This one is one you can't leave out of your death metal collection!


Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: