Πέμπτη 16 Αυγούστου 2018

DYING FETUS - Wrong One to Fuck With Review



DYING FETUS - Wrong One to Fuck With

Relapse Records


Ugh, the production on here is too flat, that's why I deem “Reign Supreme” (2012) to be a better sounding album mixing/sound wise. But the riffs are about as good as on here than they are on “Reign Supreme”. Their predecessor is probably their best that they've ever put out. But to those who give this album a better rating, they may argue that the guitar licks are better here. I disagree. For a band that formed in 1991, they still have it, though most of the original line-up is gone. This trio is what remains and yes despite the flat out appeasing comments I've thrown into this introduction, I did like the album.

You get a better listen to what's going on in the guitar department here than if it's coming out of your boom box or stereo. It's just everything is intensified, on here it's just a flatter sounding record and the guitar tone is a little bit less than good. I like the licks, but I don't like the guitar vibe. It doesn't sound as good as when they did on “Reign Supreme”. The arpeggios are still whizzing up and down the fret-board, but they're not with as much precision. The pig-sounding down picked riffs alongside the vocals fit well. But is album is no "God" or an album that they've put out. Some people tend to think, "well, oh yes this is the best they've done in years." I disagree.

Listen to “Reign Supreme” compared to this one and make your determination. So getting to the music, they do a lot of crazy fret-work it's just not their best. They should go back to the DYING FETUS basics here and keep the trio, just remember what their last album was like, you'll get the vibe.

Tempo changes all over the place and the combination between the deep growls along with a little variety makes it more appealing. But the production is just crap, they have a box-like recording. I'm not exaggerating. If people think I'm overstepping the mark in what I'm saying, I say well "listen to the album and compare it to the last record, what do you hear the most difference between those two?"

I would download this album first on Spotify or listen to some songs like "Die with Integrity" and "Weaken the Structure." I don't suggest to run to the store and make a purchase with it. That way you'll not be disappointed in case you ignored my review of this one. “Wrong One to Fuck With' was somewhat of a disappointment to me.


Ryan “Death8699”  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: