Τετάρτη 22 Απριλίου 2015

PAOLA PELLEGRINI LEXROCK – Dreams Come True review



 PAOLA PELLEGRINI LEXROCK – Dreams Come True
Qua Rock Records
I have the chance to present to you here the full length album of my Italian colleague Paola Pellegrini. She is a lawyer and it seems that some lawyers also hide a revolutionary inner self that they want to express through the music. This is quite original but not unique since, If I am not wrong; one member of the German thrashers PARADOX is a lawyer too. Enough though with that and let me tell you about the new album of Paola who seems to be living her dream and supports the notion that dreams come true.
THE COVER: The cover is straight to the point and beautiful since you can see the good looking Paola with her guitar staring at you. So, I don’t know about you but a good looking rock woman that plays the guitar works fine for me as a cover.
MUSICAL STYLE: The essence of LEXROCK’s music is of course good old rock n roll which though is expressed through different musical styles in this album. Actually, Paola seems to be a fan of the punk rock sound, but there are also lots of hard rock and even some blues elements in her sound.
COMPOSITIONS: The album which has the title “Dreams Come True” consists of 11 compositions that have a variety of sounds. As I said the main element of LEXROCK is punk rock music, but you can also find rock ‘n’ roll elements and some hard rock and blues too (check out the song “All Right”). Without being an expert to the sound, I think that LEXROCK sound like a combination between THE OFFSPRING and GIRLSCHOOL.  
CONCLUSION: I think that things here are quite simple. This is a party punk rock album with a strong rock ‘n’ roll attitude. In a few words it is made to be played loud and offer you some good times while listening to it. I think that you will enjoy this even more if you listen to it with friends.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: