Κυριακή 2 Αυγούστου 2026

REVIEW: BULLET - Highway Pirates

 


BULLET - Highway Pirates (2011)


Black Lodge Records


The long-awaited new album from BULLET has finally arrived—at least for me, and I'm sure for many others who have been eagerly anticipating its release. This is a band that takes no prisoners, delivering a relentless barrage of hard-hitting Heavy Metal that simply kicks ass.


I've always considered BULLET to be a more evolved version of AC/DC, and I mean that as the highest compliment. While they retain the straightforward, no-frills, riff-driven approach that made the Australian legends immortal, BULLET enrich their sound with additional elements that make it even more exciting. Twin guitar harmonies reminiscent of IRON MAIDEN, faster and more aggressive guitar work, and even subtle neoclassical flourishes all find their place without ever compromising the band's raw, uncompromising identity.



If I had to describe their sound in three words, they would be bad, dirty, and mean. In two words? Kick ass. And if I were limited to just one, it would simply be ROCK.


“Highway Pirates” is the kind of album that reminds you why you fell in love with Heavy Metal in the first place. It is packed with infectious riffs, memorable hooks, and enough energy to shake you out of even the darkest mood. If you're feeling down and need an album that will repeatedly knock you flat before picking you up again, BULLET have exactly what you're looking for.

 

Quite simply, “Highway Pirates” is a fucking great Heavy Metal album.


Dimitris  Pantsiopoulos


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: