Παρασκευή 4 Ιανουαρίου 2019

THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER - Nightbringers Review



THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER - Nightbringers

Metal Blade Records


I thought that this deserved a better rating overall from listeners worldwide, but hopefully my score will boost the rating average. So, let me tell you why...these guys give a new meaning to the words "intense melodic death metal." They have a unique style musically. Not to mention constant screaming doused with some occasional low-bellowing vocals. It enhances their music, though the riffs are in an utmost full roar, barely slowing down. There are acoustic bits and pieces with the guitar, but VERY SHORT. These guys are very serious about their music and it shows on the recording of this album.

I've only heard of the band for a while, not their music. But in any event, the music and vocals I'm giving the highest scores for. That's because their music is entirely original. They've got their own sound and portray that in this output.  I'd have to say that the compositions were wholly in their own zone. They ripped up the eardrums with the guitars madness and vocals screaming insanely. The lead guitars too were awesome. Quite technical with extreme precision. This is (again) why I question the net average on here as being 80%. THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER deserved a much higher score(s) than they accumulated.

This is in your face intensity with fast tempos that only slow down in some instances. But those screaming vocals go all the way through the album pretty much all the way. I was highly impressed with their compositions. They really use a lot of fast and technical riffs, seemingly not letting up. They're quite in a world of their own in regards to melodic death. They seem to be along the lines of AT THE GATES (old) and some more technical acts maybe in the vein of death metal such as ARCHSPIRE (as an example of intensity). It's difficult to hear what the guitars are actually doing because the vocals drowned them out a bit. But they're still audible.

If you have access to Spotify or YouTube, check these guys out. Fans of melodic death I'm sure will be surprised of the remarkable musicianship on here. They really give ya a boost when you're listening to this one. I don't get into the lyrics, I figure the music and overall sound are the most important aspects to cover. But in any event, since this album is more than a year old, it's available on the regular version to be downloaded digitally. It's definitely worth it first. I did the band and myself a favor and bought the CD. That's how much I like this band/album. If you haven't heard this, I strongly encourage you to do so ASAP!


Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: