Δευτέρα 31 Δεκεμβρίου 2018

NECROT - Blood Offerings Review



NECROT - Blood Offerings

Tankcrimes Records


Uncompromising death metal vibe here from a band that's in the Bay Area (Oakland, CA). These guys know how to write some heavy stuff and on purpose. The hate just flows and the energy of the album is pretty high. Some serious in your face death metal that's well played-out. I got into this album right away. It was easy, their guitars the riffs especially suck you in as a listener. The vocals go well with the music, it's not screaming or growling, it's low-end with a tinge a bit like what's featured on the new Exhumed (vocal-wise). It blends perfectly into the guitars and production sound. The mixing was excellent on here.

I liked all of the songs. I thought that they were really innovative and catchy. I'm locked in as a listener when I play this album. The music is fast-paced and without any let-up. It's so good that you can just hit "repeat" and play it for bouts of hours on end. I only heard this a few times and I thought that I had it down pretty well enough to write a review about it. They take their influences and make their own music to a tee. The music is probably the most captivating feature of the release. The vocals just augment these heavy guitars. I would classify them as being overly-brutal music-wise, I'd say this is about an average intensity if I were to compare them to other death metal acts.

The leads were well played out as well. They didn't take a bulk of time cutting into the rhythm guitar. They have a tinge of melodic bits here, but mostly it's in your face death metal. The mixing quality was quite good and the production sound reigned supreme too, doing the album justice in its own right. A lot of death metal bands lack that in their albums, it's finding the right sound that's going to make the album successful. This one hit home with me. I enjoyed it immensely. I thought that all the riffs were up to par and the voice behind the music was really good as well. It just keeps the music underground.

If you're a death metal fan and are tired of the way that death metal bands are kind of slacking in the creativity department, get this album. Even if it's just a digital download on Spotify, show some interest. These guys are relatively new to the scene and show some support. If you like it a lot like I do then you're going to want to buy the physical copy (CD). I think it’s good enough to own a physical copy. It's one of those albums that catches your attention and keeps you interested. It kept me wholly interested. I didn't want to miss a beat or time signature. I think this is one album that stands alone. I hope that this review is enough for you to check it out!


Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: