Σάββατο 5 Μαΐου 2018

SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION – Part II: New Rhythm Guitar Parts review



SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION – Part II: New Rhythm Guitar Parts

Independent


The history of SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION from Greece goes way back. They started back in 2002 and in 2006 and 2008 they released their first two demos. Actually I had the chance to present both of the above mentioned releases in the new founded then BEHIND THE VEIL WEBZINE (sometimes I feel that time passes really fast). The band had impressed me back then with its simple structured and yet straight forward melodic heavy metal sound which reminded me the era of N.W.O.B.H.M. (yep this band was playing this kind of music way before becoming a trend). Imagine that the song “Lonely and Tired” is still one of my favorites which was released back in 2006 and I listen to it often up to now.

I am really happy that Dimitris decided to continue with his band and in a short time released two demos. The second is the one that I will present to you here.

SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION in their new album still move on the traditional metal sound they have introduced us to with their debut demo in 2006. This means that the band still has this N.W.O.B.H.M. feeling in its sound and of course some JUDAS PRIEST references too. However, this release is more aggressive and there are times like in the song “Before My Eyes” they flirt with melodic thrash metal elements. I think that this new aggressive approach of their sound which is still melodic is a beautiful innovation for the band and I hope they will continue to move on this path in the near future.

In my opinion this is the most complete and mature release of the group so far and people who love the Greek metal scene should check it out.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: