Κυριακή 10 Μαρτίου 2024

REVIEW: NUNSLAUGHTER - Angelic Dread

 


NUNSLAUGHTER - Angelic Dread


Hells Headbangers Records


Facebook


Killer death metal, though the songs are short in duration, I didn't mind that; they reign with fury! With catchy riffs and tolerable vocals, there's no going wrong with this band. The vocals complement the music perfectly, making it the best Nunslaughter I've heard from them. Excruciatingly immense death metal galore! Check out one of their lengthier songs called "Looking Into The Abyss."


The music blends thrash and death metal, leaning more towards thrash in the guitars with a tinge of death metal in the vocals. While they're primarily considered a death metal band, the vocals resemble Jeff Walker of Carcass, with the same screaming sound, if you haven't noticed, but it stays true to that vibe.



The riffs sound crunchy and catchy. There isn't a Nunslaughter album I've heard that tops this one. It's great to see them re-establishing a strong fan base; they need it, and their music is truly unique.


The production quality here is superb! I enjoyed how they integrated everything in terms of instruments and vocals. The aggression is palpable, and I wouldn't change anything about this release. They diversify; it's not all about aggression, but the guitars are undeniably HEAVY! I believe they down-tune the guitars to achieve that thick sound. What a great band; they're grossly underrated! I ordered their CD from Hells Headbangers because I felt it was an album I couldn't pass up. The music took over, and I particularly enjoyed the vocal department. This band is incredibly unique and uncompromising! Make sure to give the mentioned song a listen and see if it suits your death metal palate!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: