Κυριακή 19 Μαρτίου 2023

REVIEW: SOILWORK - The Chainheart Machine

 


SOILWORK - The Chainheart Machine


Listenable Records


Homepage


I know it's a little much to give this album a perfect score, but I can't say anything except positive things about it.  However, I may be biased because melodic death metal is my favorite genre in metal.  They seem to fall under this category early on in their career changing some over the years.  But this album is a landmark release from these Swedish metallers.  A good follow-up release dominating over 'Steelbath Suicide' and my all-time favorite Soilwork album in their entire discography.  The energy is full throttle throughout the whole album.  There wasn't a song on there that I disliked.


The title-track, "Neon Rebels", "Millionflame" and "Spirits of the Future Sun" are my favorites.  They tune their guitars down to B I believe, and they're fast the whole way through.  The energy is rampant.  How these guys put forth such an effort on here is amazing.  The energy they have and the original riffs.  Blast!  What a wild guitar extravaganza in these songs just shining in metal glory.  Their later releases don't compare to this one maybe a close call is 'A Predator's Portrait'.  That's about it, I see this release as flawless.  The vocals compliment the guitar whole handedly. There were really no clean vocals at all!


The only thing that was not that substantial was the length of the album.  It clocked in about 40+ minutes.  I would've had liked to hear more length or more songs on here.  It still reigns supreme in terms of originality, precision and uncompromising energy.  These guys just suffered a loss in David but he was not featured on here as he joined the band I believe in 2012. What a tragedy, though.  I'm surprised that the average scores on here was at 79%.  I always liked this album the most but the critics are the way they are, even in my text here.  However, I felt that this was a pinnacle release by the band.


I ordered this CD to show further support for the band and music in extreme metal altogether.  Soilwork has so many peaks and valleys in their discography I'll always view 'A Chainheart Machine' as their best.  The music, the vocals, the leads, and overall sound met perfection.  You can doubt me well just listen to the album.  The riffs, leads and vocals are sublime.  I'm glad that this is a part of my collection.  Old Soilwork is dead, long live old Soilwork!  Pick this up a physical copy don't just cheap out and stream it.  It's a critical time for the band, they just lost a brother, show them gratitude!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: