Δευτέρα 23 Μαρτίου 2015

ROBERTO TIRANTI INTERVIEW

RobertoTiranti-Logo
1.Hello Roberto. How are you?

R: Fine Nick thanks a lot…a good moment of my life in music.

2.Recently you have released your solo album entitled “Sapere Aspettare”. How do you feel about it? Which are your expectations?

R: basically that’s a new beginning of Roberto as solo artist, I don’t expect fame and success just the start of something mine

3.How long did it take you to compose and produce the album? Were all the songs included here written in the same period or in different moments of your career?

R: 2 songs ,Sinceramente and Percorso Obbligato are coming from 2004 the other songs were composed in these last 3 years. The production and recording of this album did not took a long time, I did most of the recordings at home, I played all the acoustic guitars, some electric guitars, ukulele, bass guitar and of course all the vocals.

4.It is obvious that your solo album moves on a different musical path from what you have got us used with LABYRINTH. How would you describe your sound and how and why did you decide to move on a different musical style?

R: I didn’t decide to move on a different style ‘cause this is definitely my stile, this is just my way to see the music, I can say that this “Sapere Aspettare” contains all my musical experience of these last 26 years of music.

5.Which are the things that inspired you to write pop/rock songs? Which do you consider as your influences?

R: I was just inspired by the world around me and I also wanted to put myself in my songs, I never thought to write a certain kind of music but just music and as you can see here in this album there is room for rock, acoustic mood and all vocals moments.
Actually I’m influenced by all the good music I have around me

6.The translation of the title of your album in English (if I am not that wrong) means learn to wait. How did you come up with this title and what does it mean to you? Do you agree with the saying that patience is a virtue?

R: I totally agree with you! Nowadays everything happens at once and sometime we miss the chance to build with patience our path.

RobertoTiranti-Band
7.I am also interested in the lyrics which are mostly written in the Italian language. Can you tell us in a few words which the lyrical story behind each song is and why you also decide to write them in the Italian language?

R: I wrote in Italian ‘cause I’m Italian J I left in English “I remember” and “No how to wait” because those songs sounded better in English.

“Non è più tempo” is talking about the world nowadays and basically says that we have no more time to wait and see what happen, we need to take the reins of our life and time if we wanna really change something. “non lo so” is talking about selfish people who doesn’t know what it means “share” feelings. “conta fino a 3” tells that if you wanna breath you must get away from cities and concrete jungles. “nero cenere” was written by a friend of mine and is talking about a woman more similar to a black widow than a real woman…sometime happens no? J “crazy” just a cover I did with Irene Fornaciari. “Sinceramente” a simple love song “vado a male” an all vocal song that is talking about love but in a ironic way. “I remember” is dedicated to my grandmother and all the people I belong to. “Know how to wait” says that for me the only way to remain sane is waiting for the right moment to talk and move in this fast and careless world.

“piu di ieri” is again something about love, after a bad period I say to her that it will be better. “Percorso Obbligato” “fixed path” is the metaphor of our life and how we must take care about us and the others around us without judge and be selfish, I also give my vision of religion that is far from the “format” they gave us in this last 2000 years.

8.Can you tell us, who the other musicians that participated in the creation of this album are?

R: lot of musician and friends are on this album and I’m proud of it. Stef Burns, Irene Fornaciari, Marco Barusso , Mat Stancioiu, Marco Canepa, Aldo De Scalzi, Guido Carli and many more

9.Will you continue to work both with LABYRINTH and as a solo artist? Aren’t you afraid that you might not find the time you want to dedicate to both the band and your project?

R:Think you missed something J I left the band in 2014 after 17 years of music. Mark Boals took my place and I hope they did another great album. At the moment from Mexico asked us to play a sort of “last gig” with me and the set list must be all “return to heaven denied pt1”. It will happen in August and of course I will be there.

10.By the way will you do any live shows to promote your solo album?

R:of course! The first gig it will happens next 17th April in Genova but a real tour will start after summer. I’m also ready to work on 2 video clips “conta fino a 3” and “non è più tempo”

11.So far what kind of reviews does your album receive? Which is the best comment that you have received so far?

R:very good comments also from people who are far from this kind of music, what it convinced all was basically the quality in terms of sound and songwriting.

12.Thanks for your time answering my questions Roberto! I wish you the best of luck and please close the interview in a way you like…

R: thanks to you and to all your readers, I hope to have soon tha chance to play in your wonderful country!! Hugs, Roberto!

Nick  “Verkaim”  Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: