Σάββατο 14 Μαρτίου 2015

DRAGONHAMMER – The Blood of the Dragon review

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.


DRAGONHAMMER – The Blood of the Dragon
My Kingdom Music
This is the debut album of the Italian power metal band DRAGONHAMMER. For the first time it was released back in 2001 and over the years it has sold 6000 copies around the world. The first edition is sold out and now My Kingdom Music decided to re-release it.
THE COVER: The cover shows a dragon and a person dressed like a lizard holding a hammer against the dragon. It has a comic feeling and I think that I like it and actually it fits to the kind of music that DRAGONHAMMER play.
MUSICAL STYLE: In 2001 power metal was ruling once again the heavy metal sound and towards achieving that helped such bands like HAMMERFALL and RHAPSODY. So it is natural that DRAGONHAMMER’s sound is influenced by such bands, but they also have influences from the neoclassical and baroque music and this is obvious on their keyboards.
COMPOSITIONS: The re – release of the debut album of DRAGONHAMMER includes the 10 original songs and as bonus it has 2 live recordings of “Dragonhammer” and “Scream”. The compositions are not bad, but also can’t stand out. I think that even for the time it was first released it sounded too typical for the power metal genre. I mean that they don’t have the melodies and the choruses that will make you remember them and sing along to.
CONCLUSION: “The Blood of the Dragon” is not a bad release since I listened to it without it tiring me at any point, but also it is not a memorable one, because after I finished listening to it, I wasn’t able to remember any of the songs. Only the diehard fans of the band and the European power metal sound would find here something interesting.
grades6
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: