Κυριακή 9 Αυγούστου 2020

BLACK VIPER - Hellions of Fire

 

BLACK VIPER - Hellions of Fire


Independent


Facebook


These guys sound pretty vintage heavy metal in the vein of Ozzy (old), et al. I really enjoyed this entire album. The songs are lengthy and quite innovative riff-wise. The leads are good, too! I'd have to say that every song is good on here. And the vocals aren't annoying like some other heavy metal bands. This band reflects the early 80's 90's era of heavy metal. That's what I like about them! They've gone old school and they're a modern metal band. I like how they put together the songs. And I don't hear the "speed" metal but the moderate guitar work. I really like this band. I'm glad I discovered them.


The music and vocals are the highlights to this album. The guitars were a little sloppy in some instances, but not on a whole-scale. A lot of tremolo picking with the rhythms. But the tempos were just reflective of a classic heavy metal album. I enjoyed it really. There was some sort of echo to the vocals and production. It just seemed to be how they wanted the album to sound. And the vocals at times were screaming in a high pitch. But it went along with the music. I liked the guitar the most. The riffs are wholly likable, that's what drew in their audience, I think. But the vocals and drums were good, too.


I'd say the groove this band gives off is significant! The rhythms are notorious for being catchy and original. It's just that the vocals have a tinge of Ozzy (as mentioned) in them, but it's still good to listen to. It's nothing too brutal. These guys are solely not mainstream at all. This is a band that needs more publicity and recognition. I was happy to discover them when I did. Even though this album is about 2 years old, it's not really lacking in anything. It's straight forward and grappling. They seem to draw in their influences without duplicating them. The riffs are totally invincible I think they're the highlight, absolutely.


If you're just in the metal (general) genre, you should be able to dig this with immense joy! Or just want a change from brutal genres then you're set. They seem to attract people that are interested in many different forms of metal. So if you're like me, check them out when you want a change from say death metal. These guys are straight heavy metal with a punch,. The riffs are awesome and the originality is there too. You can download or buy the physical CD. I'd say the latter to show support to the band. I might have to do that myself keep these guys going onward!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: