Παρασκευή 8 Δεκεμβρίου 2017

VITAL REMAINS – Icons of Evil Review


VITAL REMAINS – Icons of Evil

Century Media

This band formed in 1988 and are still active, but haven’t released an album in about 10 years. Tony Lazaro (rhythm guitar), David Sazuki (drums, lead guitars, bass) and Glen Benton on vocals are all that contributed forth in this latest release. 

This is a straight forward approach to death metal, these guys put out especially on their one here brutal, unrelenting and intense. I tend to favor albums Glen Benton is in, but that’s just me.

The music again is fierce on this. It’s mostly fast tempos and the songs are LONG. Glen’s low bellowing voice is prevalent on here with minor back-up screams. The guitars are sick, a lot of rhythms with fury and leads well constructed by Sazuki. I think this is a quality release all in all. Sucks it’s been 10 years that they haven’t released anything, that’s startling. I think this one has everything it is to make it a successful release despite the negative critics. I enjoyed this release wholeheartedly. Nothing bad to say about it, I’m giving it a solid “B” rating. 

Production quality was solid. You can hear the leads, rhythms, screams/bellowing, and drums perfectly.

I really dug this album though others have condemned it. You may think of Glen as a scumbag, but I enjoyed his efforts on here. No complaints.

Check this one out, and older releases as well!


Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: