Δευτέρα 22 Δεκεμβρίου 2014

SOUL COLLECTOR – Thrashmageddon Review



SOUL COLLECTOR – Thrashmageddon
Defense Records
Soul Collector, if I am not mistaken is another name for the Devil and as devil worshipers that we all, who listen to heavy metal music (ok, the STRYPER fans are excluded), are we appreciate bands that honor him… He he, ok enough with the bullshit. Heavy metal music was and still is the music of freedom and above all the music that can make our days brighter and better (except for those who listen to KATATONIA). SOUL COLLECTOR is a thrash metal band from Poland and with their debut album they promise to offer us over an hour of speed/thrash metal madness in the good old 80’s way. Actually, while I was listening to these guys I bet that they come from the U.S.A., but as Edgar A. Poe says never bet your head to the devil and I am glad that I did not. The fact though is that even without the devil’s presence, these guys can take heads with their razor sharp riffs and even blow minds with their compositions. I don’t know when the biblical Armageddon will come, but I think that it might be canceled since SOUL COLLECTOR came first and brought thrashmageddon with their debut release. This is really an album that carries on the legacy of OVERKILL and EXODUS mainly, but the guys have their own way to reinvent good old riffs and style. In simple words they do have their own musical identity. I love 80’s speed/thrash metal and I also love bands that have lyrics about zombies and SOUL COLLECTOR have them both, so I love them too. Check them out.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: