Τρίτη 29 Νοεμβρίου 2022

REVIEW: CANNIBAL CORPSE - The Wretched Spawn

 


CANNIBAL CORPSE - The Wretched Spawn


Metal Blade Records


Homepage


What a BLAST of Cannibal Corpse tearing apart your speakers.  I've never before listened to this album nor have I ever owned it then gotten rid of it. It's staying in my collection!  All-Star lineup featuring Jack, Pat, Alex, Corpsegrinder and Paul. This is one their better lineups though Rob and Eric are in the slot of guitar duties. Sounds like they're in B-flat tuning and have that ultra thick sound on the axe's. Corpsegrinder has range on here especially with the screams!  The music went well along with the vocals. Everything seemed to fit into place on this one.  No complaints really just Jack has never really been strong on his lead playing.


I thought the songs were well written musically. Just never been into the gore lyrics I tend to focus on the music as well as the sound of the vocals. The drums usually are solid, no complaints there. The production was top notch it really does sound great. These guys did good on here, though I feel that there's a tinge of the past then paves the modern way Cannibal sounds. The riffs just kick ass here, wholeheartedly. Corpsegrinder is better than Barnes ever was! That's my opinion at least, the guitars and drums just favor the way Corpsegrinder conducts his Barnes had no range.


As I've mentioned about the sound quality or production it was top notch! The music was well mixed and everything was weaved in smoothly.  This is one of my favorite Cannibal releases to date. It's just completely brutal and in your face. The riffs just talk to you so to speak.  You hear Jack and Pat rip it up. It was all 5 of them kicking ass. No holds barred here, these guys are just legends. I'll never favor the lyrics but as long as the music goes, I'll always be a fan. Their latest 'Violence Unimagined' was good though I think this one is tighter. The sound of the guitars and the vocals are better here!


I took a chance since 'Vile' didn't do anything for me and man I was blown away!  It's much more convenient to stream this then to get the actual CD. Show support for the band and buy this album.  If you don't have a CD player, buy one!  I'm that passionate about this album shining through and though!  Top 3 of my Cannibal albums this one fits in there. How can I make such a statement? Play this in your car then you'll hear what I'm talking about.  All of the songs were good, they were strong the whole album. Beats your eardrums to shreds hailz Cannibal Corpse with this masterpiece!



Ryan “Death8699” Fanucchi


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: