Τετάρτη 12 Ιουλίου 2017

FLOTSAM AND JETSAM – Flotsam and Jetsam Review




FLOTSAM AND JETSAM – Flotsam and Jetsam
AFM Records
I dig the genres these guys belong to, both power/thrash type and to be honest I’ve never (well, that’s a long time) heard a band that falls under these two particular styles. Quite interesting. The music and lyrics definitely are inspiring mainly the vocals make it “power” and the guitar-style is in “thrash” mode. I enjoyed this album thoroughly from beginning to finish.
 
There’s times where I heard the best new songs are maybe as example the new METALLICA I like disc one as opposed to only some of disc two. On here, you (well at least me) don’t want it to end. But yeah, I’m being honest about the new METALLICA and with this band; it’s my first release that I’ve owned of theirs. I’m proud to own it because it’s superb in many different ways.

The music is what hit me the most. The guitar riffs I just love all of them and the leads are quality too. That’s what I look for in a band, vocals second. That’s the way I’ve always been. But yeah, the way that they coordinated the vocals with the guitar is better than quality to me. I dig the vocals too, they’re not annoying and the lyrics are decent. I can’t relate to them, but they were meaningful.

Sound-wise the production/mixing was absolutely awesome. Everything you can hear in full roar and the drums too were well mixed in and were in unison with the guitar. One helluv an output by these guys. They really put a good effort to make this more than just a “B” graded release. It’s “the guitars, man, the guitars.” But really everything musically went well on here.

This is the type of album that you can listen to repeatedly and hear different things than before. It’s not a fast release, the music is upbeat and riff-tastic. It’s not a word, but I’m classifying the guitars here so not everything is going to sound plausible/sensible to you if you’re not a guitarist.

I actually heard one song from this album on YouTube (thanks Jani) and that prompted me to buy this album. The whole release is on YouTube, but really, you get the full effect if you buy it. Not only are you supporting what these guys do for a living and also living it old school and still buying CD’s. Not this digital download crap that doesn’t support the band really. It feeds into the technological generation.


Ryan  “Death8699”  Fanucchi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: