Κυριακή 27 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

OPERA – La Ruota Del Destino review



 OPERA – La Ruota Del Destino
Qua’ Rock Records
Opera is a theatrical play where the participants instead of talking sing. My description might not be elegant, but at least this is how I see it. This musical genre was created in Italy and of course it is inspired by the ancient Greek tragedy. I think that the band used this name in order to honor the tradition of their country, since they are from Italy, but mostly because their music has a theatrical dimension without becoming symphonic. I think that this has intrigued you, so let me proceed to the presentation of the band’s new album under the title “La Ruota Del Destino”.
THE COVER: Have in mind that the translation of the album is the path of destiny. So I find quite accurate the depiction of a clock upon the planet earth I think (as we see it from space). After all as time passes leads each one of us to our own destiny. Also on the background you can see Europe dressed in light. The cover is beautiful, full of dark and light colors depicting the title of the album.
MUSICAL STYLE: The band’s name might make you think that we have to do with another symphonic metal band, but this is not true. The sound of OPERA has quite a lot of influences and I think that I can’t easily tag them under a specific genre. It is a female fronted band which in its sound combines elements of heavy metal, hard rock and even modern rock. It is really interesting and notable the way that the traditional 80’s metal influences of the band are bonded with grooves of the modern metal sound along with some rock elements. The whole album is strongly melodic and yet full of energy. The voice of Deborah gives to the whole album a dramatic feeling and I can say that there are times that the band sounds like an atmospheric metal band which slightly reminded me of EVANESCENCE (though these guys are oriented towards a more classic sound).
CONCLUSION: OPERA manage to create an album that has melody, it is catchy and it has a freshness that makes the whole album very enjoyable.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: