Κυριακή 27 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

MADHOUSE – You Want More review



 MADHOUSE – You Want More
Independent
MADHOUSE is a word that rings a happy bell in every mertalhead’s mind especially if you are fan of bands like ARMORED SAINT and ANTHRAX. I have to admit that there is where my mind went when I saw the name of this Italian band. Musically though the guys have nothing to do with the heavy metal sound since they move in the vast fields of rock music where my knowledge is limited I have to admit. This is their first effort which included 4 songs and comes with the self confident title “You Want More”. So let us see if we agree on that…
THE COVER: I think everyone has seen in the movies (or even might work in such a place) the 3 walled desks with a computer, a fax machine and some files on it, a cubicle as they are called. Well this is the image of the cover where you can see a room full of such desks. A sad and with no personality place which definitely most of us don’t want to be in. I can’t tell how the cover is connected with the lyrics, but truth be told it creates an impression on you and this is good.     
MUSICAL STYLE: Here comes the awkward moment for me on which I have to describe to you the sound of a band that I am not familiar with it. The sure thing is that MADHOUSE move on the paths of modern rock sound. Actually I can say that they have this U.S. college rock sound that we listen to in many teen movies. This means they incorporate in their sound elements of punk rock (the radio friendly one), pop rock and of course alternative rock. Their singer Federica has the perfect voice for such a band and somehow brought to my mind (as the whole band too) of Avril Lavigne.   
CONCLUSION: Ok, the sound of MADHOUSE definitely is not my cup of tea or for me speaking my cup of coffee; I have to be objective though. The 4 songs included here move on the high standards of pop/rock and they are pleasant to listen to (even for me). So, if you are into such a sound or you have a friend that is into this kind of music, I think that you can recommend this release to them.     
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: