Κυριακή 21 Ιουνίου 2015

KOZA NOZTRA - Sancta Delicta (Atto I) review




KOZA NOZTRA - Sancta Delicta (Atto I)
Independent
I have already presented to you in the past the previous EP of the Italian band KOZA NOZTRA under the title “Cronaca Nera (Part II)” which was released in 2014. So, after a year from that release they strike back with their new EP under the title “Sancta Delicta (Atto I)”.  
THE COVER: It is a morbid one since it shows a statue that instead of a head has a skull. It is a clear depiction of death. My Italian is not so good, so I can’t tell you how the cover is connected to the lyrics. The sure thing is that the cover looks spooky and imposing.
MUSICAL STYLE: KOZA NOZTRA definitely have their own musical personality and this is underlined not only by the use of the Italian language, but also by the fact that through their lyrics they talk about our modern crazy world and also use black humor. Musically they belong to the traditional heavy metal sound, but as I mentioned above they don’t remind me of something in specific, since they have their own musical identity.
COMPOSITIONS: The new EP of KOZA NOZTRA includes 7 compositions that move on the path of traditional heavy metal music, but they also have here some thrash metal touches that brought to my mind METALLICA. The fact is that the band stays faithful to the sound that they have introduced me to with their previous release.
CONCLUSION: One thing that bothers me is that my knowledge of the Italian language is not so good in order to fully understand the band’s lyrics, on the other hand though music like mathematics is a global language and KOZA NOZTRA offers us again a good album of traditional heavy metal.
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: