Κυριακή 1 Ιουλίου 2018

INNER CORE – Soultaker Review



INNER CORE – Soultaker

Echozone


I am not a fan of symphonic metal music and especially of the most recent releases of this genre. You see for me modern symphonic metal is more symphonic or even pop and less metal. However, I still believe there are bands that still honor the metal part of their music and I think that this is the case of INNER CORE from Germany.

The band started in 2013 and “Soultaker” is their debut album. Musically the band moves on the symphonic metal path, but they emphasize on or to be more accurate they keep in their songs a good balance between the metal and symphonic metal elements. The thing that I noticed in this band is that they use the melodies and the heavy parts of their sound in a way that perfectly serves the content of their lyrics and actually transmits the emotions and thoughts they want to transmit to the audience. One other thing that makes them stand out from other bands of symphonic metal is the voice of their singer, Anna Rogg, whose singing technique is closer to rock and metal performance that the operatic that we are used to lately.

“Soultaker” in a way reminded me of the early NIGHTWISH, before they sold their soul for money and there are also times they reminded me of SAVATAGE too and because of that I think they are one of the few bands out there that still play symphonic metal and not pop metal music. The whole album is full of nice melodies and offers a variety of emotions to the listener. As for me the songs that stand out from this release based on my taste are the following ones: “Soultaker”, “Snowstorm” and “Keep the Distance” (this one I think that can become a hit for the band). So, if you like symphonic metal in the good old way (NIGHTWISH of the first two albums and SAVATAGE) then INNER CORE do a fine job here.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: