Κυριακή 26 Μαρτίου 2017

EISENHAUER – Horse of Hell EP Review




EISENHAUER – Horse of Hell EP
Independent
One of the pleasures that I get from the metal scene is the discovery of new bands, especially if they move in the genres I like. I also have to say that I am a big fan of the German metal scene and EISENHAUER from Germany was a surprise for me, because I had never listened to them before.

The band was created in 2007 and in 2013 they released their debut album “Never Surrender” which I didn’t have the pleasure to listen to, but from my research on the internet I saw that the press and fans had something good to say about it. In 2015 they released this EP that includes 4 compositions and I am about to present it to you.
It is true that we witness a rebirth of the traditional metal sound and although this is a good thing, the problem is that someone can hardly find a band that stands out, that really has something new and fresh to give to this music. In my opinion and after listening to this EP is that EISENHAUER have the ability to embody their influences in their own style and create a sound that stands out or if you prefer we are not used to listen to.

As I mentioned above the band comes from Germany, but their sound is not influenced by the scene of their country as somebody would expect. Actually, they are mainly influenced by the metal scene of England and U.S.A. Their compositions are an amalgam of influences that come from IRON MAIDEN, BLACK SABBATH and even MANOWAR (in their epic moments). Yes, they are an old school traditional metal band, but they give to their sound a fresh touch and this is quite original.

EISENHAURER with this release show they can offer to the heavy metal listener songs that are old school and yet have something new to bring to the table. Their music caught my interest from the start and the more I listen to it the more I find myself enjoying it.


Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: