Τετάρτη 20 Ιουλίου 2016

GLORYFUL – End of the Night review



GLORYFUL – End of the Night
Massacre Records
I do appreciate the sound that HELLOWEEN have created with their music, but the German metal sound I like was forged by bands like ACCEPT, GRAVE DIGGER and RUNNING WILD. I mean I do like the rough sound mixed with catchy melodies and sing along choruses. It is also true that we have plenty of bands that have been influenced by the HELLOWEEN sound, but not so many from the other genre. So, in 2010 when GLORYFUL introduced themselves to me with their demo and later on with their debut album, I was happy to find out that there are still musicians in Germany that appreciate the teachings of ACCEPT, RUNNING WILD and GRAVE DIGGER.

“End of the Night” is the third full length release of the band and it seems that it is very hard for them to release a mediocre album which is actually good for us. I think that I made obvious with my introduction what you will listen to here. A rock steady rhythm section which is blended with catchy melodies and of course sing along choruses. The use of violin, which gives them more depth, is also a nice touch and I think that the band should use it more in the future (just check out the song “End of the Night”). The compositions that are included here offer a variety of emotions since you will listen to from straight forward heavy metal compositions to some more lyrical and epic like the song “For Victory”.

All in all GLORYFUL prove once again they are the future of the Teutonic metal sound and I think that they deserve to get more attention especially from the fans of this sound. It is a release that I can recommend to you without second thoughts…
Nick “Verkaim” Parastatidis

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: